Author Topic: Tips and tricks for Sims 3 World Adventures  (Read 5035 times)

Offline FluttereyesTopic starter

• Creator
  • Administrator
  • Useless Contraption Manipulator
  • Awards Members who support the site
Tips and tricks for Sims 3 World Adventures
« on: December 06, 2009, 07:55:57 PM »
I decided to start making a list of things I found handy when playing WA.

Before taking a sim on vacation, grow some fruit trees and make sure they have harvested them a few times.  In tombs your motives decay slower, except hunger.  Although you can buy dried food from the special merchant when you arrive, it runs out fast and is expensive.  Two apples will lift your sims hunger from zero.

A tent is also essential, get this from the Special Merchant, you might have to camp down in a tomb, I know I did this almost all the time.

Collect  Collect all seeds and gems you can find, keep everything you get and don't sell it on till the end of that world, you might be asked for something in a task.  You will be asked for some sort of fruit more than once, so if you take seeds home and plant them, you can have a good stock for the next visit.  It saves all that running around looking for fruits, only to find you can't get them in that world, so collect as you go, the might want French stuff in China and so on.  France doesn't seemn to have any seeds, so you need to try and buy a couple of each type of grapes to plant.

Follow Instructions Don't just shoot off all over the place, follow the instructions for quests when you are given them either from the base camp bulletin board or by phone, this saves having to either repeat a part of a quest or finding you can't go any further till you are given that specific quest.

« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 11:32:25 AM by Fluttereyes »
"Never test the depth of the water with both feet."

"Laughing is good exercise. It's like jogging on the inside."

• Creator
  • Administrator
Re: Tips and tricks for Sims 3 World Adventures
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 10:18:48 PM »
Collecting new fruits in China, and you might need these for quests.  You can get Pomelo and Cherries at hans Orchard, take these home and plant some to grow for taking on your next trip.  Most of the seeds lying around the ground in between the anbandoned bard and camp crisanthemum are just plum trees and other seeds you can get anywhere, nothing special here.

In France there is an empty house near the Landgraab mansion, this is where you will find pomegranet seeds.

The best place in France for grape seeds, is funnily enough the nectary garden.  One fo the quests is to bring the guy in the nectary some grapes, yet they are all right outside.

Harvest everything you can, anytime you can.  There's not a lot but you will need fruits.

• Creator
  • Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 10:25:52 PM »
To build on a lot in one of the new worlds, make sure testingcheatsenadbled true is on, ctrl+shift+c brings up the cheats console so you can type that in.  Once on a lot you can shift click on the ground and you will get a menu up, choose build on this lot.

To buy from the WA catalogue, those things that are only available in WA worlds, you just open the cheats console as above, enable testing cheats as above and then type in.  buydebug on.  When you go into your buy catalogue you can now see a category with a question mark.  In there you can buy everything that's used in the WA worlds, including those funky scooters.  On the subject of them, you can only keep one in your drive or get one out of your inventory if you put a bike rack in the garden, they lean against it like a ponsy bicycle  :cry: sacrilege

• Creator
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2009, 10:23:52 AM »
When you come across an area you can't get access to, like a big gap in the floor with flames under it, use testingcheatsenabled true, then shift click the ground and choose 'teleport me here'

• Creator
  • Administrator
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2009, 11:53:44 AM »
Be sure to buy a burglar alarm for your foreign properties, you do get burgled there too

Offline angieb

• Senior Creator
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2009, 11:00:35 AM »
I'd just thought I'd add about area's that you can't get across, if you don't want to cheat get your sim up to level five of the martial arts, they then can meditate and teleport themselves to the other side.

Offline baileywll

• Modder
  • Sr Member
  • Stings like a bee
  • Awards The member who has contributed most mods Members who support the site
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2009, 06:41:09 PM »
gems and metals, great way to make money.  Don't just sell them, get a carters display cabinet, if you can afford it get the big one, load it up with gems etc, even works on relics, click on the cabinet and get it to transfigure.  You can end up with gem skulls and all sorts which can be worth tens of thousands, even over 100,000 simoleons, downside is you may get some magic gnomes as well.

Some details on what can be made etc are to be found here:-

http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help!TS3_Gameplay_Guides

this contains transfiguration, gems and relics guides.

and here: a modthesims thread

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=379770

no point repeating the info here but would be good to know the gem combinations used to get high value stuff.

Oh and if you collect some Tiberium, it increases in value in a couple of days (up to 35k), trouble is if you keep it in your inventory it makes you sick.

• Creator
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2009, 06:46:13 PM »
My tiberium is sitting there doing nothing, it hasn't increased at all.  I have two skulls though, cool.  Can't you sell magic gnomes too?

My lot have made a fortune from collecting gems and growing fruit and a couple of money trees, I don't know why I still send them to work

Offline baileywll

• Modder
  • Sr Member
  • Stings like a bee
  • Awards The member who has contributed most mods Members who support the site
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2010, 04:46:59 PM »
There is another way to get across traps.  My sim was in france, old landgrabbers chateaux, took her to the top floor and didn't notice the electric arc trap, got a bit frazzled going over it, but then I was in trouble, another electric arc came up in front of her, so she was trapped.  It wouln't let me go back, but did let me try to cross the one in front, got frazzled again but didn't get across.  Getting desperate now, only thing I was allowed to do was try to cross the one in front again, oh well if she is going to die so be it.  But she didn't die, she got across, frazzled of course but still alive. And there was a chest and a stand on stone thing.  Turned off the traps and everything was fine.

Mind my sim was maxed out on athletic and logic, may have helped.

Big sigh of relief, got quite attached to this sim.

• Creator
  • Administrator
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2010, 04:53:57 PM »
My sims have had everything done to them and haven'tdied, though they've been knocked unconscious a few times.  Problem is, when mine tries to cross them and it fails, he doesn't always even make it to the other side.  I play father and son in the tombs togethr now, the boy is a martial artist too and is a young adult.  It's great for when you get into tricky spots with pushable statues.  I had a bit, can't remember where, my sim had to get round a huge load of these statues but if he moved them all he got trapped, so father went in and ended up in a right pickle, but between him and his son being outside the area moving the statues at the same time, he was out in a jiffy

Offline angieb

• Senior Creator
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2010, 06:43:46 PM »
I always put my mouse point over the floor before I walk my sim across it, if there is a trap there you will get the option to inspect. Get them to inspect and then they will get the option to disarm the trap, or try to get across.

Most of the time my Sim has been able to disarm them, a green bar fills up each time they do it, sometimes you will get that it's too difficult but if you get them to try to cross they normally get across without a problem.

I think mechanical skill might be needed my Sims mechanical skill is right up so I don't know if this is an option for Sims who don't have it.

I also move my mouse tip over the walls especially if it get's really dark in certain area's and you can't see properly it's normally an indication that there is a trap of some sort (you can disarm them also) or a hidden push statue.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 06:44:51 PM by angieb »

• Creator
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2010, 02:14:25 PM »
The zeneport thing takes too long, you have to get them to meditate first and wait till they do the floaty thing, when you have to do that a few times in a tomb it can take a while, I just cheat  :chickendance:

This site is not endorsed by or affiliated with Electronic Arts, or its licensors. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Game content and materials copyright Electronic Arts Inc. and its licensors. All Rights Reserved.